Librarian & Learning Resource Centre Manager
(Term time only + 10 days)
Scale 6: £26,865 – £28,440 pa (FTE) (up to £25,800 pa actual)
We wish to appoint a first class Librarian to manage the day to day operation of the Library. As well as providing curriculum support to staff and pupils, you will be responsible for raising the profile of the library and promoting reading across the school, giving guidance and advice to students and staff and creating an environment that promotes the learning ethos of the school.
Haggerston School is a mixed school with a sixth form since 2010, judged ‘good’ by OFSTED in March 2013.
That OFSTED report noted: “the school has gone from strength to strength since the last inspection. Students now make good progress and almost all achieve well.”
We are looking for someone who:
- has a recognised professional qualification for librarianship or qualification accredited by CILIP or is working towards this
- successful experience of working in a library ideally in an educational setting
- an understanding of the range of strategies that support reading development
- experience developing events and activities to promote reading and the use of the library
We can offer you:
- children and young people who are eager to learn and progress
- staff who are collegiate, committed to their own professional development and to improving outcomes for the students here
- an excellent physical environment recently refurbished and extended under BSF
- a school committed to your professional development
- work in a team where your skills, enthusiasm and hard work will be appreciated
If you are passionate about providing young people with a safe, supportive environment in which to ensure their success, we want to hear from you. Part-time/job share will be considered.
For further information download an Application Pack:
Alternatively contact the HR team by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms can also be returned via e-mail to HR.
Application closing date: Wednesday 27th September 2017
Provisional interview and assessment date: Tuesday 3rd October 2017
Haggerston School is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Our commitment is underpinned by robust processes and procedures that seek to minimise risk and continuously promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our workforce. All posts within the school are subject to an enhanced DBS check. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.