Free School Meals
Around 40% of people in Hackney are eligible for free school meals, but 1 in 5 do not apply. Once your child has a full-time school place you can apply for free school meals if you receive one the following:
- Income support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- NASS support
- Guarantee element of State Pension
- Child Tax Credit, provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit for the four weeks after employment ends
- Universal Credit, provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400
Students in receipt of Free School Meals, will find a range of filling and nutritional, balanced options, including the hot food meal deals, that are affordable within their allowance.
For more information and to apply, please visit the Hackney Schools website here.