Home School Agreement
The Home School Agreement
Haggerston School will bring alive our school values and beliefs by:
- Valuing and nurturing your son/daughter, respecting their background and supporting his/her individual learning needs.
- Striving for excellence by setting the highest standards and highest expectations so that your son/daughter has the opportunity to succeed at school and beyond.
- Tracking your son/daughter’s learning and progress and keeping you informed at regular intervals.
- Offering opportunities for you to become involved in the life and learning of the school.
- Celebrating your son/daughter’s success and that of the school.
We ask that Parents/Carers support us by:
- Attending Parent’s evening and discussions about your son/daughter’s progress.
- Seeing that your son/daughter goes to school regularly, on time, in correct uniform and properly equipped.
- Making sure that you send a note explaining any absence
- Making sure that the school has up-to-date contact information
- Contacting the school about concerns that might affect your son/daughter’s learning
- Supporting the school’s policies and guidelines for learning and behaviour.
- Supporting your son/daughter in homework and other learning opportunities.
- Checking and signing the diary each week to ensure that homework is completed.
- Come to school each day on time.
- Bring all their equipment every day.
- Wear the correct uniform to and from school and follow all the uniform rules.
- Complete their class work and homework as well as they can.
- Be polite and respectful to all staff and students.
- Strive to achieve certificates and rewards.
- Attend detentions and appointments with staff on time.
- Follow the code of conduct of the school.