BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Health and Social Care
Health and Social Care BTEC is a great choice at KS5 for students wishing to gain a practical hands-on approach to learning, in which they will gain the equivalent of 1 A Level.
The course would be great for anyone interested in pursuing a career in a health or social care environment. You will study many aspects of life involving health, community and social care. You will be introduced to care practice, equality, rights and laws as well as focussing on topics such as communication, caring for vulnerable people and safeguarding. This course will enable you to develop empathy with service users in health and social care settings, to understand more about the world around you, the care sector, and people, whilst supporting your personal development of analytical, discussion and communication skills.
Entry requirements: Haggerston Sixth form entry requirements.
Career opportunities: There are a large number of careers that you can go into with your BTEC in Health & Social Care, including Adult Nurse, Care Worker, Community Development Worker, Counsellor, Health Promotion Specialist, Occupational Therapist, Social Worker, Youth Worker.
What will I study?:
- Human Lifespan Development
- Working in Health and Social Care
- Meeting Individual Care and Support Needs
- Supporting Individuals with Additional Needs
How will I be assessed?:
- Human Lifespan Development – January Exam (Yr. 1)
- Supporting Individuals with Additional Needs – Coursework (Yr. 1)
- Working in Health and Social Care – January Exam (Yr. 2)
- Meeting Individual Care and Support Needs – Coursework (Yr. 2)