Resistant Materials GCSE
GCSE Resistant Materials will prepare students to become creative and critical thinkers, developing skills to design and deliver prototypes that solve real and relevant problems.
Studying Resistant Materials at GCSE will enable candidates to:
- actively engage in the processes of design to develop as effective and independent learners
- make decisions, consider sustainability and combine skills with knowledge and understanding in order to design and make quality products
- explore ways in which aesthetic, technical, economic, environmental, ethical and social dimensions interact to shape designing and making
- analyse existing products and produce practical solutions to needs, wants and opportunities, recognising their impact on the quality of life
- develop decision-making skills through individual and collaborative working
- understand that designing and making reflect and influence cultures and societies, and that products have an impact on lifestyle
- develop skills of creativity and critical analysis through making links between the principles of good design, existing solutions and technological knowledge.