Specialism: Autism Spectrum Disorder and Social, Emotional and Mental Health
Permanent, term-time only
SO2: £33,759 to £34,986pa (FTE) up to £30,188 pro rata
Start date: Immediate
We wish to appoint an exceptional Higher Level Teaching Assistant to provide a higher level of support for teaching and learning and to lead and supervise Teaching Assistants. The post will have a particular focus on supporting pupils with Autism Spectrum Disorder and Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs and the staff working with them in the classroom and other settings in the school.
Haggerston School was judged ‘good’ by OFSTED in October 2017. The OFSTED report noted: “Staff have high morale. They are proud to work at the school and feel that leaders support them in a variety of ways. These include providing training to meet their individual needs. Teachers new to the profession value the high-quality mentoring and support that they receive. They also appreciate the career opportunities provided by the school.”
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant who:
- is passionate about supporting pupils to achieve their full potential
- can demonstrate excellent awareness of pupils’ diverse needs, backgrounds and aptitudes
- has the ability to build good relationships with all students and adults
- can promote and maintain the highest standards in all aspects of the work in the school
We can offer you:
- children and young people who are eager to learn and progress
- staff who are collegiate, committed to their own professional development and to improving outcomes for the students here
- an excellent physical environment newly refurbished and extended under BSF
- a school committed to your professional development
- work in a team where your skills, enthusiasm and hard work will be appreciated
If you are passionate about providing young people with a safe, supportive environment in which to ensure their success, we want to hear from you.
Download an application pack from the school’s website or you can request one by contacting the HR Department via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms can also be returned to HR via email.
Application closing date: 9am on Friday 28th February 2020
Provisional Interview and Assessment: w/c 2nd March 2020