Here is the link to the Haggerston School entry in the Department for Education Performance Tables and School Comparison tool.
Exam Results 2018
We are very proud of our Year 11 students, who have achieved some remarkable results this year in the new, tougher, GCSE examinations.
- A fifth of all GCSEs were top grades 7-9 and 5% were the highest grade 9
- 10% of students achieved at least 8 grades 7 or above (equivalent to A grade)
- In Biology, Chemistry and Physics, more than a third of grades were 7 or above
- In Spanish, 55% of grades were 7 or above
We would like to celebrate the exceptional performance of some of our individual students, including:
- Hal Bishop who achieved eight grade 9s, two grade 8s and an A
- Elizabeth Neri who achieved seven grade 9s, two grade 8s, one grade 7 and an A*
- Deniz Clarke who achieved 3 grade 9s, 2 grade 8s, four grade 7s and 3 A*, including a double A* in Further Maths GCSE
- Reyhanissa Haji who achieved four grade 9s, four grade 8s, two grade 7s and two A*
- Fatim Kamara who achieved three grade 9s, seven grade 8s, one grade 7 and an A
Our overall headline figures in English and Maths and the English Baccalaureate are broadly in line with last year, with small incremental rises of 1-2% in each.
This has been a year of uncertainty for all schools with the introduction of new qualifications. The exams have increased content and make greater demands on students’ knowledge recall. We are so proud of the way our students rose to the challenge and we look forward to implementing new methods to support students with memorisation and knowledge retention such as knowledge organisers and quizzing.
|% E&M 5+||N/A||N/A||36%||35%|
|% E&M 4+||61%||69%||54%||54%|
|% Pupils EBACC 5+||17%||15%||16%||14%|
Exam Results 2017
Haggerston School are very proud to announce another very good set of GCSE results this year. In the new GCSEs 75% of students have achieved at least a grade 4 (standard level pass) in English, and 57% in Maths. Over 60% of the cohort in English Language or Literature achieved the new, more challenging grade 5 or above.
Haggerston continues to achieve exceptional results for our highest attaining students. 6 students have achieved all A*/A at GCSE or 7-9 in the new GCSE grades. In addition, 19% of students achieved top grades (7+) in English and 16% in Maths, with 8 students achieving the new top grade 9 in Maths, and 3 Further Maths students achieving A**. 50% or more of the cohorts in Biology, Chemistry and Physics also achieved A* or A.
Special congratulations to the following students:
- Anna (9, 9, 8, A**, 7 A*s)
- Francis (9, 8, 8, 7A*s, 2As)
- Lila (9, 8, 8, 4 A*s, 3As)
Exam Results 2016
A Level Results 2016
Haggerston students have been rewarded for all of their hard work with excellent AS, A level and BTEC results.
Once again, we are celebrating a 100% pass rate at A level. Among many excellent subject performances, we are delighted with outcomes in sociology where 67% of A level grades were A*-B. Over 70% of our year 13 students have already received offers from their university or training programme of choice, and those who are yet to receive offers will continue to be supported to ensure that they progress to further education, employment or training. At AS level we are celebrating an improvement in outcomes with 43% of grades at A-C and an overall pass rate of 80%.
Average Grades in Sixth Form were
|A-Level Average Grade||D+||C||C+|
|Vocational Average Grade||Merit +||Distinction-||Distinction|
Our Sixth Form progress figures were
|KS5 Average Progress Score|
|Progress in English||0.286|
|Progress in Maths||0.231|
|Academic Value Add||-0.03|
Congratulations to all students!
GCSE Results 2016
Outcomes by Attainment. This reflects the actual grades our students attained.
- Attainment 8 score of 52.6 which is above the national average (48.5) and above the local authority average.
- 66% achieved 5 A*-C with English and Maths – an increase of 5% on 2015.
- 69% of students gained A-C in English and Maths.
- 24 subjects achieved above 70% A*- C at GCSE with exceptional performances in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Drama and Spanish where 50% or more grades were A*-A.
- 15% of students gained A-C in the EBACC subjects.
Outcomes by Progress. This compares how students actually performed compared with a prediction of their expected grades based on test results as they left primary school. This shows well their progress at Haggerston School.
- Progress 8 score of 0.33 – on average students achieving one third of a grade above expected progress.
- English Progress Score +0.32 for all students compared to national performance of 0.00
- Maths Progress Score +0.43 for all students compared to national performance of 0.00
Destinations and Sixth Form Retention Data
What did our students go on to do after their GCSE’s or the Sixth Form?
- 93% of Year 11 students progressed to an education, employment or training destination (national is 94%).
- 84% of Sixth Formers progressed to an education, employment or training destination, with 81% progressing to higher education (national progression rate to HE is 48%).
Sixth Form Retention 2016
- 89% of our Year 12 continued into Year 13. (50 out of 56 students retained)
- For Year 13 retention 69%. (49 out of 71 retained to the end of Year 13 having started with us in Year 12)
Exam Results 2015
Best ever A Level results – 100% pass rate. 45% achieved A* – B grades.
Haggerston students celebrating fantastic GCSE results – the school’s best ever – 61% with 5 or more A* to C including English and Maths.