Applying for a secondary school place in Hackney
As a Community School within Hackney, both our primary-to-secondary admissions and in-year admissions are arranged through the Hackney Learning Trust (HLT).
Haggerston School’s entry in Hackney’s Secondary School Admissions Guide can be viewed here.
Full details of the admissions processes, including access to the ‘eAdmissions’ online application form are available via the HLT website here.
You can also contact the HLT Admissions Team by email:
- Y6sectransfer@learningtrust.co.uk (for primary to secondary transfer)
- Inyear@learningtrust.co.uk (for in-year admissions)
- 020 8820 7247/7489 (for primary to secondary transfer)
- 020 8820 7707/7798/7397 (for in-year admissions)
Visit in person:
The admissions team is available to the public at:
Hackney Learning Trust (2nd floor reception desk), 1 Rreading Lane, Hackney, London, E8 1GQ.
Opening times 9.30am to 4pm, Monday to Fridays (Term time) or 9:30am to 2pm (during school half-terms and other school holiday breaks)
If you have recently moved to Hackney you should take with you proof of your child’s date of birth and proof of residence (for example, a recent utility bill).
Our Open Morning/Evening Events 2017
Between 9.00am and 10.30am. (Tours 9.00 am – 9.45 am)
Head’s talk at 9.45 am
- Wednesday 13th September 2017
- Tuesday 19th September 2017
- Wednesday 27th September 2017
- Tuesday 10th October 2017
- Wednesday 11th October 2017
- Monday 2nd October 2017, 4:30pm -7:00pm.
We recommend that you attend both an open morning and evening as each will give you a different flavour of school life.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place on one of our open mornings and/or evenings.
We look forward to welcoming you and your children to our school.