Looking your best
All students at Haggerston School are expected to exemplify the highest standards. The way we present ourselves each day is a sign of our intention and resolve to work hard and to be our best in our learning and everything else that we do.
As role models and leaders of our student community, Haggerston Sixth Form students are expected to dress and act in a smart and confident manner. This means that they should not wear casual, immodest or revealing clothes.
The following dress code promotes a smart appearance, whilst allowing a degree of personal choice. Your school is a workplace and your appearance should reflect that.
- Lanyards must be worn with an ID card clearly visible at all times
- Smart tailored business trousers, skirt or dress (no shorts, no tight or elasticated skirts or trousers, no leggings)
- No hoodies or overly large logos
- No jeans
- Formal shirt, smart top or blouse
- Plain cardigan or pullover (optional)
- Suit/tailored jacket (optional)
- Smart formal shoes
- Trainers – or canvas shoes must be black (No Ugg boots)
- Subtle discreet jewellery i.e. a watch, one ring and one earring per ear
- No obvious facial piercings and no tattoos on show
- Should reflect the overall professional ethos of the Sixth Form dress code
- No extremes of colour or style
Failure to comply with the dress code will result in you being sent home to change.
Please note that all students must have their Chromebook and subject folders with them at all times.