2019 and Onwards Curriculum Model
- The curriculum enables all students to master the knowledge and skills they need to lead successful, fulfilled lives
- The curriculum motivates all students to create beautiful work, to become independent-minded, creative thinkers and problem-solvers
- The curriculum builds character so that all students become articulate, confident and determined individuals
We set out to achieve our core objectives through designing a curriculum with:
- a strong core curriculum that maximises progress in English and Maths
- a range of learning pathways which offer optimum flexibility, support and challenge to students with diverse needs and abilities
- a strong emphasis on creativity and the Arts
- a culture of hard work and aspiration
- enrichment and intervention entitlement for all students
- Additional Literacy and Numeracy lessons are available to some students from Year 7 up to Year 11
- We run a partial options process in Year 8, when students choose either History or Geography and Design Technology or Computer Science
- We run a full options process in Year 9 (The Preparation Stage) with a pathways model
- RE is taught up until Year 9 and then offered as a GCSE option. From Year 10 onward, statutory RE is covered through our Social, Moral, Spiritual, Cultural Education programme
- PSHCE and Careers Education are taught through drop days throughout the year
The School Day:
- The school operates a model of 29 x 55 minute lessons per week.
- The school day runs from 8.45am to 3.30pm Monday to Thursday and from 8.45am-2.35pm on Fridays
- Tutor time ranges from one to three periods per week depending on the year group.
- One period per week is devoted to enrichment (KS3), intervention (KS4), volunteering (Y12), intervention (Y13)
Curriculum Structure Year 7-11:
Below you will find the curriculum overview for each year group. Please click on the year to view the document.
Below you will find the curriculum intent for each faculty. Please click on the faculty to view the relevant Knowledge Organisers.