Welcome to Haggerston School Library!
The library is located at the heart of the school and offers a pleasant, bright and spacious environment for both pupils and staff. It is a vibrant space where people can come together to access information, share ideas, read and above all learn. Promoting literacy and reading for pleasure are key objectives for Haggerston School, and the library plays an important role by inspiring curiosity and a love of reading.
The Haggerston school library aims to:
- Provide a welcoming, supportive and stimulating environment for all library users.
- Facilitate and promote reading for pleasure and encourage pupils to become independent and enthusiastic readers at all levels.
- Support the delivery of targeted and meaningful reading interventions by monitoring Accelerated Reader engagement.
- Complement and support the curriculum by providing access to a wide range of up to date resources.
- Ensure pupils are fully equipped to find the information they need to support and enhance their research and personal development skills.
- Support students and teachers with learning across the curriculum.
We are open 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday during term time.
Please come and visit us at break time or lunch time on your year group day below or on a Friday if you have a Library Pass:
Year 7 Mondays and Wednesdays
Year 8 Mondays and Wednesdays
Year 9 Mondays and Wednesdays
Year 10 Tuesdays and Thursdays
Year 11 Tuesdays and Thursdays
Sixth Form Monday to Friday
Library Pass Entry Friday*
*Any student who wishes to visit the library on a Friday must collect a library pass earlier in the week to attend that Friday session only. The pass must then be returned after the session.
Note: Opening hours of the library can change due to events and supervision requirements. Please follow the guidance notices.
Get in touch, keep in touch
The Library is run by:
Ms Samy – Librarian and LRC Manager
Ms Dora – Library Assistant
For any queries, suggestions, information on library resources or online resources contact at email@example.com
Accessit – Online Library Catalogue
Accessit – the Library at your fingertips
The Library catalogue Accessit helps you search for books, e-books, websites, databases and more. It can be used anytime, anywhere and on any device.
Logging in to Accessit is very easy. From the RM unify page, click on Access-it Icon. To login use the SSO – Single Sign on Feature. You do not need a password or your Library borrowing ID to use Accessit.
Amazing Features of Accessit
- Renew & Reserve online
- Write Book reviews
- Create your own reading list/ wish list
- One Search which allows you to search across catalogue and websites all in a single click
- Specific dashboards offering you resources suiting your needs
It is up-to-date with the latest Library information and news, book recommendations, reviews, interactive games, reading lists and much more.
We run a Student Librarian scheme with volunteers from Year 7 upwards who provide invaluable support each break and lunchtime. Student Librarians are a real asset to the library. They support in organizing library events and displays. Help in issuing books, returning books to the shelves and recalling overdue books.
Here are our current Student Librarians:
Library Activities and Events
The school library aims to foster a lifelong love of reading and learning. Throughout the year, the library holds a number of themed activities and events to promote literature, reading and a passion and enthusiasm for learning. The pupils are encouraged to join in various reading-related events. These include:
- An annual Reading Week filled with an array of fun book-related events, including a World Book Day celebration.
- Regular author visits
- Participation in Shadowing the Carnegie Medal with attendance at Carnegie Day – a day of reviews, presentations, discussions and celebrations with students from other schools.
- Scholastic book fairs, special themed events and film screenings.
Who said the library is boring? Certainly not our library – come and explore the fun!