The purpose of Sport A Level is to give you the opportunity to improve your knowledge and personal skills in sports and exercises of your choice. In doing so you will also learn about how best to prepare your body and mind to maximise your performance as well as gaining insight into sports in a historical and comparative sense. Sport A Level is an excellent qualification for those interested in working professionally in sports or the leisure industry, exercise sciences or in further education.
How will I be assessed?
- 2 exam papers (2 hours each) worth 70%
- Non-exam assessment (Practical performance and analysis) worth 30%
What will I study?
You will study a number of different components over the two year course which include:
Year 1 – Factors affecting participation in physical activity and sport
- Section A: Applied anatomy and physiology
- Section B: Skill acquisition
- Section C: Sport and society
Year 2 – Factors affecting optimal performance in physical activity and sport
- Section A: Exercise physiology and biomechanics
- Section B: Sport psychology
- Section C: Sport and society and technology in sport