Here you will find the answers to some common questions regarding exams and results.
How can I support my child during their exams?
You can play a bit part in supporting your child through the tough exam period. In the lead up to exams, your support can allow your child to best prepare and feel more confident as their exams approach. Below you can find some suggestions on how to best support your child.
What support measures are the government putting in place to support students sitting exams in Summer 2021?
- more generous grading than usual, in line with national outcomes from 2020, so students this year are not disadvantaged;
- students receiving advance notice of some topic areas covered in GCSE, AS and A levels to focus revision;
- exam aids – like formula sheets – provided in some exams giving students more confidence and reducing the amount of information they need to memorise;
- additional exams to give students a second chance to sit a paper if the main exams or assessments are missed due to illness or self-isolation; and
- a new expert group to look at differential learning and monitor the variation in the impact of the pandemic on students across the country.
What exam board is being studied?
Please use the following links to view the exam boards being studied for each subject offered at Haggerston.
How can I get my original certificates which I have never collected?
I have lost my examination certificates, where can I get hold of copies?
We do not hold copies of examination certificates.
To obtain a copy, please see the list below. If you click on the exam board name, it will take you to their website with contact details on how to obtain your certificates.
If you cannot remember which board/s you took your examinations with you can contact the various awarding bodies to see if they have a record of you achieving a qualification with them.
Please note that there is generally a charge for issuing confirmation of qualifications and you will need to be able to prove that you are the certificate holder.